RE: question

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi David

There seems to be a little confusion. In your original mailing, you wrote
like you were talking about the secondary. But a secondary is not flat, so I
assumed you really meant the primary. Anyway some people seemed to reply on
the basis that you were referring the secondary.

I don't know what a charge amplifier does. My knowledge of electronics is
very limited.

What you call a potential transformer just might be a high voltage testing
transformer. I never heard of a potential transformer with a DC high voltage
input. But testing transformers usually output DC. They are used to test
insulation. A testing transformer is a great find in transformer archeology.

Godfrey Loudner