Re: Re-configuring X-Ray Transformers

Original poster: "Jack King by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <speakernut-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>
>
> The ratio of voltage and current is nothing. If the
> wire will max out at 50
> ma that is max current. If you drop the voltage to
> 10kv the wire size is
> still 50 ma max.

>    Robert  H

...Hence my ORIGINAL plan to attempt paralelling the
"de-wound" secondaries. ...I understand that wire awg
size determines the current rating....I was just
HOPING that the parallel thing would be a solution. I
guess I'll tear her open (need to yank the sticks out
(diodes) and so on...then i'll check out her sec. awg
size, and see if im in the ballpark for gettin
anywheres near -at- least 800 ma for a short duty
cycle...

Thanks for all your input,

Jack King

Neonut