Solid state coil plans

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Hello all,

I'm looking for some basic solid state coil plans. I want a coil with
performance somewhere between a basic flyback driver and one of
the "real" solid state coils such as Alan Sharp's or Richie Burnett's.

The complexity of Alan's and Richie's coils are somewhat above me at
the moment. I want to start simple with a small coil, maybe driven by a
single fet, and then build one of the bigger coils after I'm more
experienced. If anyone has some plans, please let me know.

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia