Re: Hot Primary

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> > Some likely causes:
> >
> > 1.  Wire gauge is too small for the amount of current you are passing
> > through it.
> >
> > 2.  Operating frequency is low.  Remember your primary is a big
inductor.
> > At low frequencies, the impedance of this coil will get much larger to
at DC
> > it would be a short circuit.
>
> Re #2 - I would have said that the opposite applies.

> Malcolm

You're right, the impedance would get "smaller" not larger.  I always think
inverse when it comes to this as a small impedance across a constant voltage
will output more power (resistive load anyways).