FIRST time coiler almost there

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi folks,
Well after lots of research and emails I may have
found a 10A variac that I can afford with no shipping
involved. A couple of ham guys here said they have
one. So soon........

This is a pre-emptive strike. Do you all think I'm set
with the following:

15/60 nst with one broken ceramic insulator

a 5 gal. 12-corona bottle chlorine tablet screw on lid
bucket cap

brass tubing for gaps

typical tubular primary, thinking 3/8" over 1/4"

8" X 29" G10 secondary wound with 18ga. wire
(I know 18ga. is kinda big but I have a ton of it and
thought I'd give it a try unless you all say
otherwise)

dead man's switch

variac

dryer duct on pie tin toroid

Don't have the nst protection circuit yet (should I at
the beginning?)

Can you think of anything I've left out or overlooked.
After I get this variac I wil be anxiously moving
forward.

Thanks for being there folks I really appreciate your
help.
This is something I've wanted to do for a long time
and I can't wait to see the looks on the kids' faces.

Dan
Ft. Lauderdale