Re: High Power Solid State Tesla Coil - Successful Test

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>         That is NOT what the Supreme Court ruled, although that's often
> stated.  What they did rule was that, with the exception of a Marconi
> "two-tuned-circuit" patent Tesla and others anticipated almost all of
> the Marconi patents which Marconi claimed the government had infringed,
> and that therefore no damages had been done.  I have the complete
> transcripts of both findings in the den, and have been working my way
> through them for several months trying to figure out for myself just
> what the ruling covered.  A separate opinion by at least one of the
> Justices stated specifically that they weren't ruling on who was "the
> inventor of radio" and stating that in his opinion there wasn't any one
> inventor.

This judge was well informed. By the times of the early studies about
radio, experiments were being conducted all around the world by many
"inventors". Tesla was one of them, and as he had the habit of patenting
everything, many original ideas could be "commercially" attributed to
him. But Tesla never grasped the fact that the main utility of radio
was for communications, and entered the dead-end alley of the wireless
power transmission, while Marconi and others went in the right
direction.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz