Epoxy coating for secondary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Teslamagnifier-at-aol-dot-com>

I had some left over West System epoxy from a boat repair job.  The
secondary was on a jig so it could rotate horizontally on its axis, as is a
lathe. With some extra hardener/catalyst added to the resin, i painted on
the mixture while spinning the coil by hand. (hot sunny day) Its a thick
mixture and hardened rather fast with no runs.  Nice and smooth with no
runs--just a couple of gnats embedded!  They'll be easy to remove with a
light sanding.  Will put on a second coat, and in no time will have a thick
covering on the coil.  This really beats the polyurethane varnishing, whose
endless coats take forever.  I might sand it one more time and put on a
coat of polyurethane just to make it perty.  My first coil took days to
varnish--drove me nuts--as I was anxious to get up and sparking
Bill Shepard