Re: Secondary breakout -is it necessary to rewind?

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Varnishing of your secondary is a highly recomended
practice.. I wound a new 4 x 25" secondary on the 4th and
just finished applying the 6th coat of varnish tonight...

While letting it dry, I noticed something very intersting..
The coil seems to be 'wicking' the varnish down between the
windings and leaving little 'valleys' between turns.. even
though I'm on my 6th coat.. I spent some time removing bugs
and did some light sanding to try and smooth things out for
the next coat, but it still does it.. only less than
before.. Has anyone else had this problem? Might this be a
cause for breakout from the secondary in undwanted places?
(i.e. racing sparks)

Just a thought..

Coiling in Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen