Re: A challenge

Hi,

I should note that there are three known Tesla coiling deaths:

Henry L Transtrom - Electrocuted while working on a stage and using a large
Tesla coil. He inadvertently allowed a power arc to go from his body to
some metal framing that was part of the stage backdrop. He authored the
following book:

"ELECTRICITY AT HIGH PRESSURES AND FREQUENCIES"
Henry L. Transtrom, originally published: 1913, second edition 1921, Joseph
G. Branch Publishing, Chicago; Reprinted 1990, ISBN 1-55918-054-4, Lindsay
Publications, Bradley, Illinois, 60915. Paperback, 247pp, Lindsay # 20544.

1992 - Graduate student intern working at McDonnell Douglas in St. Louis. A
Tesla coil was being used to test aircraft parts against the effects of
lightening. The person got too close to the tank circuit and either bushed
up against it or a spark left the circuit and struck him. He never regained
a heartbeat despite excellent CPR and paramedic responses.

March 29,1998 - An unsupervised 14 month old boy wandered into the poorly
made AC line wiring of a Tesla coil. He was found some time later but could
not be resuscitated.

A master, a bystander, and a small child have been killed by Tesla coils.
It is always a number one priority to keep that list from growing...

Terry