Re: FW: Re: Tesla Coil Efficiency Test

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

> Hi Matt,
>
> On 9 Jul 2002, at 7:26, Tesla list wrote:
>
> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
> >
> > In the discussion of the complexities of TC efficiency even the simple
> > definition of output/Input is muddied in trying to achieve a consensus of
> just
> > what constitutes the "output load". But this  brings up another question
> on the
> > input side: Where does the Tesla Coil begin; just where is the "input
> point"?
> > At the wall plug? At the Variac output (if it exists)? At the HV
> > transformer/PFC input? At the HV transformer output? Filter system
> output? How
> > much of the control cabinet (if it exists),  or the power cabinet (if it
> > exists), or the protection filter system (if it exists) , etc., are part
> of the
> > "input" in the efficiency equation?
> > With muddy feet,
> > Matt D.

 I think a power input monitor at the beginning of the pfc/regulating
circuit and then one at the input of  the tc  primary gap, would give
losses info through the control circuit?
 then trying to monitor power input into primary and then secondary
could be a great challenge?
good luck
Mem