Re: flyback questions

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

>  i just got my flyback driver working yesterday, but i think i should be
> getting more voltage out of it. i took it from a dead computor monitor, so
> its the kind with the diode and the cylindrical secondary. how long should
> you be able to pull the arc out? how long should you be able to start it? i
> can only pull it out about a half inch now. about how many turns are there
> on the secondary? i need to know about how many turns i should have on my
> primary. right now i have 200v on my 20 turn primary and my switch is
> limiting me to 250 volts.
>
> JImmy

 Wow, 20 turns on the primary? I think i would drop that too 5 or 7
turns? I never had to go over 7 turns on the primary myself.
Another thing i found that works good is too hot glue all the inner turn
termination points so there is no inner arcing to the core?
You're doing good, all in all.
Mem