Re: Strike Rail question

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/11/02 7:48:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Steve Ward,
> PS, this was mostly an attempt to save my rear(lol), but really i want to
> understand more about what strike rings are REALLY good for. And Matt, this
> is not directed to you in any way, sorry if it sounds like it is.

Hi Steve,
No fence taken  ;-)))))
A primary strike will also dump mucho RF HV spikes back into your cap, filter,
transformer, and possibly power lines. It may not kill it (or you) the first
time or the twelfth time, or the twentieth time, but like smoking or dipping
snuff, it's a stress the system doesn't really need.
Matt D.