Re: Strike rails/safety gaps IMPORTANT

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Greg,

I didnt think that you were attacking me, or anything like that.  I honestly
didnt really see the point in a strike ring (oh but i love the safety
gap!!).  It never did damage to my coils, and others ive seen without them,
and there was a discussion about this on the list awhile ago.  My coils arc
the primary as much as any other well built (good power for the size)coil
can.  So i guess it depends on many circumstances, in my experience with my
coils, the strike ring didnt seem needed, and i felt that it wasnt.  But no
coil is the same as the next, so i guess as a good rule of thumb, its worth
the extra time and money to put in a strike ring (and definitely a safety
gap).

Steve Ward.