Re: the cure for racing sparks

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

I totally agree here, I Have tried some of the "BARGAIN BASEMENT, ON
SALE NOW" brands of spray poly. With BAD results!!! In fact it was with
one of these secondary that i experienced my first "secondary, "mystery
shock""??
Or after shock?
 I truly do believe that some finishing materials used by many coilers,
have a very high static charge (building and holding) characteristics!
 I also believe this static build-up along the film along the operating
coil, will, and does, contribute to many a coilers dilemmas! Those
"thick" poly coatings may look "soooo priity", But if it kills even one
watt of output from one of my coils, "Not for me"!

 Also,
I have found that by using a finer wire gauge, with more turns, In the
primary construction to achieve the required inductance,, Helps in the
energy transfer from primary to secondary, AND secondary back to
primary!
 I have tried too explain this in the past, many times, but have met
only resistance? I will state here that in the oscillations of an
operating TC, not only must the tank energy be transferred to the
secondary, BUT It must also be transferred back to the tank circuit
"via" the primary coil.

 It has been argued by me and several renowned coiling theorists, That
though the coupling magnetic field from primary to secondary forms may
be a very efficient transfer, When the secondary tries to reverse this
charge, There is simply far too little windings! This is why i feel that
a thinner wire, wider primary form works far more efficiently.
 The days of two or six turn primaries are (or should be) numbered.
Many coilers have debated the reasons for the inner turns of there
primaries heating up in op.?
It is no wonder to me, just visualize the magnetic flux field shapes of
each, (the primary to secondary transfer) and then the (secondary to
primary reverse transfer)? Then imagine this on a smaller, high
frequency coil?
 Since i have been out of touch lately, I will leave it on these points.
Take care All, And please be safe.
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>