Re: the cure for racing sparks

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Case #8 might show discharges from near the middle of the coil
>occuring only in coincidence with discharges from the topload.
>
>Case #A might show thin weak arcs racing all over the coil, but
>only when the topload is issuing streamers.
>
>Does anyone have any examples of these cases?
>--
>Paul Nicholson
>--

My friends coil did exactly this!!  When it was slightly out of tune(not
enough primary inductance)  The arc would break out form the toroid, when
only then, there would be racing arcs as well.  Adding more turns got rid of
this.

Steve Ward.