Re: Low Voltage Tesla Coils

Hi Antonio,

I ran some MicroSim models tonight trying to get a TC to run at 700VDC and
I had BIG problems as you suspected...  The basic physics is saying that it
is not going to work at 700VDC...  We probably have to use MOTs to get to a
higher voltage to be able to use practical primary coils.  that suggests a
voltage of about 3000 volts at least, so we have to do some stacking of
"ordinary" IGBTs.  Still far better than 25kV of them, but the "off-line"
idea seems doomed :-(((  Golly, that would have been so cool.....

You inductance storage idea needs much further thought!!!!

We may be able to use caps and diodes to pump the voltage higher but that
only works so far before some type of "big iron" is needed.

Cheers,

	Terry