Re: Re:TESLA COILS are ILLEGAL!

Original poster: "Jason Johnson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> > Not many people have 100 amp 3 phase 208 in their homes. And radio
> > shack is never going to carry any equipment for many KVA, so only
> > the highly determined "general public" is going to
> > build these 38 foot spark machines. Which the highly determined
> > general public, is already the people who build tesla coils.
>
> I don't think we'll ever see the day that many people have tesla
> coils, because it's not a common hobby. It is dang near unheard of.
> Why? Because not many people care to make coils. We are the few, the
> proud, the TCML. And I really doubt there will ever be a day that the
> hobby gets big enough to be of concern to the government(s).

Well said.  I kind of like that few and the proud thing about the list
:-). I just might have to steal that from you (and the marines ;-)

> > The "SSgaps of the future" are still a ways off,
>
> SS gaps are very close if not here already. Modern semiconductor,
> available at exceedingly lower and lower prices, is about to kick
> these things into high gear. I think they will revolutionize the
> technology...I bet coil efficiency and sparks hit the roof
> (literally).

And I can't wait. I was just taking a trip back through memory lane in
the list archives, and realized that we've come farther on this list in
the past few years, than everybody else in the past century. Of course
alot of this is to do with a few people more than others, such as Terry
Fritz, Paul Nicholson, John Freau, Richard Quick, Dr. Resonance, Chip,
Richard Hull, and Bill Wysock just to name a few out of many. Hows that
one Newton (?) quote go? "And I got where I am now by standing on the
shoulders of giants", or something like that :-) I think that within the
next short time, whether its a month or a few years, SS gaps will bring
coiling into the new mellenium, and all the ground-breaking work will
occur right here on the list.

> > and I would be more worried about the gov't seriously restricting
> > the sales of pulse caps and such to the general public (which in
> > their eyes, is us), based on EMP threats from terrorists.
>
> The government probably realizes that capacitor-generated EMP is not
> a significant threat. Also, the general public doesn't purchase large
> capacitors, so their time isn't spent worrying about such issues.

I know, I just used it to put the whole gov't regulation thing in
perspective (or tried to at least, it may not have sounded the way I
meant it :-).

> > Besides, as a friend of mine always says; Legality is overrated
> :-).
>
> Personally, I would agree with that.

Yeah, and he is going to be a cop. No seriously...

Most people (like...almost 100%) would rather
> watch TV. Since people haven't changed since the get-go, they
> probably won't now.

How true.

> Those are my thoughts, take care. Flames/comments/Q's all
> appreciated.

No flames here :-)

<< Jason R. Johnson >>
G-3 #1129
The Geek Group
http://www.thegeekgroup-dot-org/

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and
stupidity."
 -Albert Einstein