Re: BIG solid state devices...

Godfrey: To give you a direct answer to your question. Size !  Years past
all radar systems were 60 Hz. To pull a main power supply rack out it took 3
men just to put it in the isle. Air craft radar uses 400 Hz.  Using high
frequency power you reduce the cost, wieght, and size by a factor of 10.
Some aircraft systems now use 1600Hz to further reduce size and weight.
   Robert  H

> From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:40:15 -0600
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: RE: BIG solid state devices...
>
> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"