Re: A challenge exploding trees

Original poster: "Tom Stathes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <newphreak_16-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hello,

Noticed a mistake you made here, lightning is not RF,
it's DC because it is an electrostatic discharge.
This might also be why it makes the tree explode.  I
remember seeing a 3 phase power relay once that had 2
possible coil voltages, one was for 60hz, and the
second was for 50hz, the 50hz voltage was lower.   As
the frequency goes down the current has more time to
build up, which creates more heat.

--Tom