Re: Telluride Teslathon? Colorado?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <glpeterson-at-tfcbooks-dot-com>

> It seems that I remember a post a while back concerning a Tesla Event in
> Colorado during August of 2002.

The Telluride Tech Fest is running from August 9 thru the 11th in Telluride,
Colorado.  They have a website at www.telluridetechfest-dot-com with the
details.  Theoretical physicist Murry Gell-Mann who I believe predicted the
existence of quarks will be a featured speaker.  Also present will be John
Wagner, W8AHB--of Tesla bust fame--who will be receiving a lifetime
achievement award.  Bill Wysock has been there with his M5 since the annual
event started up two years ago, and plans to attend this year as well.
There may be a discussion about the possibility of using of highly stable
100 watt SSTC's as "true" wireless transmitters on the proposed 135.7-137.8
kHz ham band (see http://www.tfcbooks-dot-com/notice.htm for the NPRM).

Gary