Re: Why people don't use MOTs in a TC

Original poster: "Mikko Leppimaa by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mikko.l-at-server.sonkajarvi.fi>

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Tesla list wrote:

<dan.gallagher-at-pulsartech-dot-com>

> Hi folks,
> Just had to chime in on this one.
>
> I've read a lot about using MOTs in a TC. First of all I think the current
> is too high and voltage too low. NSTs are abundant and I got mine for free
> (15/60). So I do not see why people go the MOT route. Like this hobby is
> not dangerous enough?
>
> My $.02
> Dan
> Ft. Lauderdale

	Hi!
I agree that MOTs makes tesla-coiling more dangerous, but for some people
MOTs are only available power-source to use.

For example, nearest place where I could get NSTs is over 200KM from where
i live.

In my country  maximum allowed voltage of NST is now 6KVAC, so I would
have to use two NST together to get greather voltage and I havn't found
two NSTs with same current ratings.

I know that NSTs are better in many ways, but I have to be satisfied with
MOTs.

     MTL