Re: Secondary connection to RF ground question

> Why is it important to have the secondary connection be

> outside the coil form?

	A certain amount of corona is present, at both grounded
	and hot end.  Experience has shown that this leads to
	ion build up if inside the coil form, where
	ventilation is poor.  This ion build up can lead
	to sparks down the inside of the secondary...

	With the connections on the outside, the ions from the
	corona can dissipate: a conductive path is not formed.
	Check the archives for discussion...

>>Dan:
>>    You have done well, but let me suggest your secondary connection be
>>outside the coil form and you coat the screw head with epoxi on the inside
>>of the coil form. I use a plexiglass disk to insulate or a Nylon bolt.

	best
	dwp

...the net of a million lies...
	Vernor Vinge