PFC with modified NST-does value change?

Original poster: "John Friesenhahn by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <johnfrie-at-swbell-dot-net>

I've removed all shunts from a 15kv -at- 30ma NST and submerged it in
mineral oil and use a 20a variac for limiting in a 3"x12" small Tesla
coil.  Using a Jacob's ladder for performance test of the NST, the arc
is double it's original length -at- 85% variac.  My question would be for
PFC, would I use the 30a formula (36uf motor run cap) or use the 60ma
(72uf) since it's running twice it's normal output?  Hope this wasn't
too dumb a question, being not an electrical engineer or such.  Thanks.