Re: Toroid Construction - Need something good . . .

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I made 5 torus's and a big aluminum taped acrylic ball..
but I have come to the conclusion
I CAN NOT MAKE what I want (How does one spin aluminum anyway I can weld it
with tig welder but know nothing about spun)
to get what I want, and I think what you are hinting at wanting
we probably will have to buy one....

Ive found 2 sources for manufactured Spun Aluminum torus's there may be more
im still looking.

http://www.scencefirst-dot-com
The torus's are not listed on the web page, You have request a catalog
I already did heres what it said...
they sell 2 torus model numbers 10-209, 10-210
59.95 for the 8" diameter 209
79.95 for the 12" diameter 210
They do not say the smaller diameter or tubular diameter I am assuming from
the pictures its proabably 3"

If one of those 2 sizes doesnt meet your requirements... then try
http://www.rossengineeringcorp-dot-com/online.htm
someone mentioned gettng a 20" turus for $200 from them a few days back
They didnt post the link but I tracked it down.
I think they have an extreamly wide range of sizes

personally
Id love to find some cheap ones (yeah right hahaha good one eh)
to use for my coil .. and a faraday electrostatic water drop device
I suppose ill have to settle for charged aluminum cans for my drops.

good luck
Chris Dowdy