Re: Gluing Plexiglass Disks to Secondary PVC

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

>         I want to cap my PVC secondary with regular plexiglass.  Will
> standard two-part epoxy like the kind from the automotive store bond to PVC
> and plexiglass provided i rough up the areas to be epoxied??
>
>         Thanks
>         Dan

	One additional step is to make sure the roughened surfaces are
completely free of any oil or grease!  The method recommended by the
guys where I work (Northrop Grumman) is to scrub those surfaces with a
toothbrush and some cleanser like Ajax or Comet, etc.  After that you
have to shake off the water and let things AIR DRY.  Almost all paper
towels, for instance, have residue from some form of silicone release
compound.  I've made experiments which seem to show that even dish
towels which have been washed and air dried still leave something which
makes the adhesion poorer.

Ed