Re: tesla coil on the truck

Original poster: "syd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-playahearth-dot-com>

>>Hello group,
>>
>>I have a crazy idea that would look  really neat  : - )     but I don't
>>want to get in trouble with authorities.
>>
>>Has anyone tried putting your tesla coil in the box of a truck with a gas
>>electric generator and running it while it's in the truck box.  Could this
>>be safely done?.  It could be a real show / traffic stopper!!   A mobile
>>lighning show.   Now obviouly you/ me couldn't do that while driving, I'm
>>not looking at causing an accident here, but you could pull over into
>>parking lots and let er rip!!.  I was thinking of using an old truck
>>without all of the modern electronics in it since fields from the Tesla
>>coil might mess with the truck.
>>
>>We have something called "Cruise Night" in Winnipeg, Every Sunday night 9PM
>>till 11PM or  so everyone with a nice vehicle comes out and drives around
>>the streets to show their toy, it draws a large crowd,  well... how about a
>>mobile tesla coil show.
>>
>>Has anyone tried this?  If this is way out of the question, please don't
>>flame me,  it's just a thought I'm playing with.
>>
>>Shaun Epp

Been done; looks great; why not. Austin Richards put TWO 20kva coils on
top of a cube truck with a 75 kw genie in tow and drove around during
Burning Man in Nevada a couple years in a row. He created an artificial
ground plane up top with poulrty fabric and I believe was
dragging some chain beneath the vehicle to keep from RF lifting the
truck too much..ya know.. if people lean on it while you're running.

syd