Re: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> > Now to the practical aspects.  An RF ground, good or bad, will have
> > virtually no effect on the coil's performance.  Several list members
>have
> > accidentally forgotten to connect their secondary base to a ground of
>any
> > sort, and there was NO impact on performance!  The real reason for using
> > ground has more to do with preventing RF interference and HV RF nasties
> > from entering your house wiring.
>	...and i believe some have reported there is a difference.
>
>	A good collection of which report which would be
>	instructive.  I suspect that high powers benefit from
>	grounds.  I suspect that many 'ungrounded' coils are
>	_really_ grounded via corona, or other leakage, at the
>	low end....
>	But that's just speculation.... so far....
>
>	best
>	dwp
>
>...the net of a million lies...
>	Vernor Vinge
>There are Many Web Sites which Say Many Things.
>	-me

Are you saying that not having an RF ground or not having ANY GROUND.  MY
coil works the same whether its on the mains ground or to my RF.  But with
no connection, the bigger sparks are the ones that arc to the primary, not
the sparks off the toroid.

Steve Ward.

Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn-dot-com