Re: how to calculate turns reqd for chokes?

Hi Larry,

See the formulas at:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/formulas.html

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/formulas.html#helic

L=(NR)^2/(9R+10H) is accurate to with a percent and we all use it for
everything.  But this is for an air core inductor.  If you have a core you
may have to worry about saturation and other things but L is proportional
to n^2.  I just cheat and wrap a few turns to test the core and then go
from there ;-)  I'll let the true transformer design experts here take it
beyond this.

Cheers,

	Terry