Re: Secondary End caps Yes/No

In a message dated 7/18/02 4:51:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any electrical advantage to capping the ends of your secondary? Or
> is it purely structurally related?
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Dan,

quite a few folks have had sparks zooming down inside the
secondary when they didn't use end caps.  However, I usually
don't use end caps, and I've never had a problem, even when
my sparks were three times the secondary length.  There
seems to be no consensus on whether end caps are needed
or helpful.

Cheers,
John