Re: LVTC, Energy considerations

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

why not make a sstc with some high power igbts? if you use a pretty large
topload  you could probably get the resonant frequency low enough, and you
could get high peak power with a reasonable sized primary since the equations
are a little different for sstcs

> Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz "
>
> Few further thoughts
>
> The currents in the primary inductor for a 10J /bang system at 75kHz would
> be over 9kA. The I^2*R lossses might be a very big problem
> Ted L in NZ

JImmy