Design for Syncronous Rotary Gap

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

	Here is my current design for a SRSG:

	Motor:  Using one of D.C. Cox's syncronous motors
	Rotor:  7" dia LE Phenolic
	Electrodes: Tungsten (thoriated) (4 spaced at 90 deg 3/8" from outer
edge of rotor)
	Stationary Electrodes:  Tungsten (thoriated) mounted on two 360
alloy brass rectangular blocks
	Safety gap:  mounted also on front stationary electrodes using rods
fitted with 1" corona balls for gap.

	I'm going to model this using solid edge and posting my pics for
additional review before i actually build this thing.

	Now the questions:  (sorry)

	1.  A few mentioned not to use a conductive ring on the outer part
of the rotor.  Do i create the conductive path on the
	opposite side of the rotor as the stationary electrodes and just
make another set of stationary electrodes connected via a copper bus bar????
Is that how they are also doing it?

	2.  Are synchronous gaps dangerous to NSTs????  If so, what can i do
to protect them.  I guess over-voltage is a concern.  Safety gaps?  Change
in tank capacitor value???

	Thanks again for the great help.

	Dan