Re: Design for Syncronous Rotary Gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

> Using 9
> caps in series is only 18kvdc which you can get away with but I wouldn't
> push it "to" hard.

I thought about this, but 9 would be the cheapest, and easiest to assemble.

12,000 * 1.414 = ~17,000

thats under 18kV... plus, I believe the geek caps were tested to 4 or 5kV each?
(double check, terry?)

I haven't run the coil really long, but I've had no problems so far. Even with
the spark gap set too wide, and the saftey gaps not working... I think the MOVs
were the only thing saving my butt........
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon