Re: Inter-turn arcing

Original poster: "Peter Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

I routed the copper tubing from the inner turn under the rest of my flat
primary so that I could attach leads at the edge.  It has more than an inch
of clearance, but it was subject to nice hot arcs from the outer turn to
that tubing at the connection point where the tubing is flattened.  I
covered it with some vinyl tubing.

It just shows that there is some extra voltage on those unused outer turns.

Regards,

Pete Komen