Re: Batch of Synchronous Motors - Nice 1/4" Hub

Fair warning is given:

I'm a part of the Jameco fan base, but a set screw securing the hub to the
motor shaft should have a tight
tolerance between hub bore and motor shaft. Seems it would be best to
simply make the hub to fit at a tight
tolerance. In other words, wait for the motor, physically measure the shaft
size (dial caliper) and build the hub.
Although this hub might fit nicely, there's a good chance tolerances will
separate. If they do, you'll end up with
a wobbly rotor in a side/side motion (pain in the butt - been there, done
that). Anyway, fair warning is given.
Also, when mounting the hub (which ever is used) to a disk, make sure the
hub shaft bore is completely centered to
the rotor or you'll have a wobble of a different type (up/down vs.
side/side motion). As you can see, I don't like
set screws unless the bore to shaft is nearly a press fit. Personally I
would search for a press center hub or
similar method.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>