Re: Initial design of SRSG - 3D Model

In a message dated 7/22/02 6:46:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Dan, all,

What's the claimed disadvantage to using a conductive ring on
the rotor?  I've used both methods and have seen no difference
in performance.  Any losses in the ring would be negligable.
This was at 700 watts or so.  At higher powers, a greater
number of gaps may be of benefit for better cooling/quenching.

cheers,
John