Overpower the line filter ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>

Hi guys,

 I was wondering if anyone knows if its safe / effective to over power a
line noise filter.

I have a few but they're all rated at 9 or 10 Amps, at 120 volts and I have
been using one of them with a 12Kv 60mA NST powered tesla coil. 8 - )).
Rough measurement is that I'm drawing about 13 amps off the mains.  my
question is, can this be done or will it saturate the filter or even blow
up!!  If the filter saturates then it is not doing any good, and if it
blows, that would be spectacular but a bummer too.

Thanks,

Shaun Epp