Re: Overpower the line filter ?

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I blew up a 40 amp Corcom filter using only two
15/30's. Mine was potted, so I doubt you'd get a real
explosion. It can be seen at:

http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/adam/disasters.htm

Adam

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>
>

> Hi guys,
>
>  I was wondering if anyone knows if its safe /
> effective to over power a
> line noise filter.
>
> I have a few but they're all rated at 9 or 10 Amps,
> at 120 volts and I have
> been using one of them with a 12Kv 60mA NST powered
> tesla coil. 8 - )).
> Rough measurement is that I'm drawing about 13 amps
> off the mains.  my
> question is, can this be done or will it saturate
> the filter or even blow
> up!!  If the filter saturates then it is not doing
> any good, and if it
> blows, that would be spectacular but a bummer too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaun Epp

=====
Adam Minchey