Re: Gazing Ball source in New England

Original poster: "torlin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <torlin-at-ghostmail-dot-net>

Sounds great.  Never thought about using the gazing balls,
but here in Michigan, most of the ones I see are Glass.
 Now, tho, since you brought that up, I will have to go to
the local lawn/garden shops and see what I can find.
 Thanks for the idea, Bob.

Chris K
Clio, Michigan

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:58:26 -0600
  "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
>Original poster: "Bob Wroblewski by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bwroblewski-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>Hi Y'all,
>
>  Just returned from shopping with my wife at the
>"Christmas Tree Shop" in Salem, NH. I purchased a 10
>inch diameter, polished shiney, stainless steel gazing
>ball. The label says  #710-S Rome Industries, Made in
>China. Surface is very uniform and a close inspection
>is required to see where the two halves were joined,
>no mounting hole or post at all. Wrapped in a thin
>bubble plastic bag and boxed.
>  They also had an 8 inch diameter one. The cost was
>$9.99 for the 10 inch one with no tax in NH also! I
>think the 8in was also 10 bucks.
>  I know there are some of these stores across
>Massachusetts as well. "Don't you just love a bargin?"
>I'm still tryin to find the ammo dept, hehe.
>
>Bob Wroblewski
>Dracut, MA

For the best comics, toys, movies, and more,
please visit <http://www.tfaw-dot-com/?qt=wmf>