MOTs

Original poster: "Dan by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <toodamtall1-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Ted and others,
I'm sorry for posting that personal preference against
MOTs. From what I read the concerns off the top of my
head are:
insulation between windings breaking down
really high current
power factoring
submersing in oil
connecting multiple xfrmrs for proper voltage vs. ONE
nst

I just found it much easier to deal with one box (an
NST) without having to worry about all this other
stuff. Of course a lot has to do with availability. I
just chose the NST because it was readily available
(lots of neon sign shops in South Florida) AND I don't
have to be concerned with the above mentioned factors.
I think for a beginner like me it's easier to
understand the NST and it's implementation into the
already complicated and unfamiliar TC. Sure you can
use both, but it's just easier for me to understand
the NST's simple function. I'm doing the best I can
and I thank you folks for the guidance and learning
opportunity. I really appreciate it.

I'll try and keep my personal preferences out of my
posts as I know it may perturb some. I didn't mean to
aggravate any mot users.

Thank you
Dan
Ft. Lauderdale