Re: Variable Mutual Inductance Primary Tuning (VMIPT Sorry :o)))

Original poster: "Sean Taylor by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <taylorss-at-rose-hulman.edu>

> Theoretically.  I could get a tuning range of 1/2 to 4 X that of a
single
> loop in this way.
>
> Does that seem at all reasonable??  I really would not need a great
range
> of tuning so if it just worked a little it would be fine.

Might work too well? When tuning a classic coil, we change tap
location by fractions of a turn, maybe small fractions of an inch in
mutual L tuning system . . .  But I really like the idea :-)

> I am trying to locate ten Cornell-Dubilier 940C6W4P7K   4.7uF 600V
film
> caps.  Can't find them yet and stuff like this is hard for a "little
guy"
> (even with a bottomless credit card) to get in tiny quantities.  Any
ideas?

I looked at Richardson Electronics, http://www.rell-dot-com, and they are
"on order."  I ordered some other caps from them, and it took about 1
and a half months to get the caps that were on order (0.33 uF, 1600
V), but they are relatively cheap there.  Just search for the part
number that you want in their online catalog.

Good luck with the OLTC project, hope it works out, a 20 lb complete
Tesla coil, Hmmmmm.

Sean Taylor