static spark gaps - new idea?????

Original poster: "uk-teslacoil.co.uk by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk>

Dear all,

Today I have been altering my static spark gap used for my low power Tesla
coil, instead of using nine copper electrodes. I removed every over electrode
and fitted a copper strip from one electrode to the other - of course it had a
small gap to allow air breakdown to occur and the spark to jump.

I was wondering if this was a good idea for people new to tesla coils could
use, as this negates the problems encountered fitting copper tubing around the
inside of a plastics pipe were the curvature can sometimes bring the electrodes
very close together, and in cases like this the electrode has to be removed and
deformed slightly to get the required gap distance. this can be very
frustrating.

I will post a picture for all to see very shortly - or you can email me
directly at <mailto:duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk>duncanr-at-uk-teslacoil.co.uk , my
website is still under construction at the moment....... I should have this
finished soon.

Kind regards
Duncan (UK)