Re: Tesla Coil stops during runs!

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

Hello everyone,

My coil does the same thing, and I, too have a Segmented Cu Pipe Gap...  My
gap has to be set extremely close (.02") >:-0. The SG would stop firing, even
this close!!! and the properly set safety gaps would not fire. I think the
MOVs were the only thing saving my tank circuit...

I plan on changing a few this now that school is out, and the spark gap is
one of those things... I'm planning a tGap. At first I thought that poor
coupling was causing my short arcs, but then I realized that that couldn't be
it, because the coil tuned best about 2 turns in on the primary...

Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon