Re: Super power triode on eBay for VTTC?

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> Hi
> Just found a multi-kW power triode Mullard 7704 for sale on eBay. Condition
> unknown, currently ~$15. On sale from Canada.
> http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2107838348. New price is
> ~$1100.00!
> My RCA TT-5 spec book has all tubes up to 4KW and it's not there.
> Anyone got data?
> Matt D.
> G5-12

Anyone wanting to use tubes may want to also check out Svetlana.  They
are the premier ham transmitting tube company, Russian.  Their products
are relatively inexpensive compared to Eimac.  I would think a multiple
811 setup would make a pretty cost-effective tube driven coil.  But
still 4-1000 broadcast pulls can handle 5-6kV.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com