Re: I Need some Help.

Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Alex,

If I'm doing the math right (and that's a stretch) your capacitor is only
about 3nf.  For a 9/30 NST it should be about 8-10nf.  If you can add about
34 more plates, or buy something in the right range if money permits.

Mark Stolz
Houston, TX

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><TeraJoule-at-aol-dot-com>

<snip>
>The transformer is 9000 V NST and 30 mA.  It's rated at 120 V.
>
>The capacitor has 17 sheets of 5.5 in. x 6 in. separated by .1 in. window
>pain
>glass.  (I don't know the dielectric value.)  If it makes any difference,
>only
>4 inches of the foil overlaps for each of the plates ( a 6 inch x 4 inch
>plate)

</snip>