Re: Largest Voltage Attainable

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: Largest Voltage Attainable
>Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:01:32 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>
>
>Hi Robert,
>
>I think Bill Wysock's model 13 is the biggest one on the planet:
>
>http://www.ttr-dot-com/model13m.html
>
>Does like 55 foot arcs!!
>
>More than twice the power of Tesla's...
>
>Greg's coil is BIG too:
>
>http://www.lod-dot-org/electrum.html
>
>I think Greg worked out some maximum theoretical limit for a Telsa coil..?
>It
>is not really the voltage that count's but the power, tuning, impedance
>matching...  Most BIG coils are lucky to hit 2,500,000 volts but they have
>tons
>of POWER...
>
>Greg has plans for the "BIG ONE" at:
>
>http://www.lod-dot-org/alf.html
>
>Cheers,
>
>         Terry

That plan for the giant twin system looks amazing!  I would really love to
see something like that within my lifetime.  They could probably make tons
fo money off of that from tourism when its done(if in fact that ever
happens).  I wonder how much money that would cost to make that, and to
power it for that matter.  I didnt realize that something like that was
possible.

Steve Ward.