RE:Wnen is a cap too large?

Original poster: "Vanderputten, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gvp-at-pvaintl-dot-com>

I have one of these caps  that are being sold on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1738855045.

It is a 25kv .25 mf cap. On my cap meter it checks our at .245, and trickles
well when charged a bit.

I have a small 1.5 x 10" coil which uses 5kv x 50 ma and a .1 mfd 10kv cap
which works well for its small size, I also have a 750w 12/60 rig with a
3.5" x15" coil and .0666 mfd x 30 kv MMC which screams. I substituted the
new cap on both rigs and  get nothing. No smoke or heat either. Almost as it
has a short or disconnect. Continuity check is negative, but that's correct
for caps. No ohm reading as well.

I know that according to the coil calculators I have used this cap is way
above recommendations.

Could the cap still be bad?  What other tests could I perform on it before
using it as paper weight? Or are my rigs just too small to power it?

Gary