Re: Secondary Winding Results

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Mark W. Stolz by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mark_w_stolz-at-hotmail-dot-com>

> Dan,
>
> Yes, black PVC is bad.  A friend of mine wound a 4" on it and got maybe 4"
> of output using two 15/60s as input. :-(
>
> Mark Stolz
> Houston, TX

	There may well be different types of black PVC pipe around, but this is
quite contrary to my experience.  I've wound a number of RF coils on the
stuff, with no evidence of losses.  Q is as high as with white PVC or
polystyrene and seems unaffected by the material of the form. Typical
geometry is length twice diameter, frequency range from 550 kHz up to at
least 30 MHz.

Ed