Re: MMC warming

Original poster: "Peter Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

Hey guys, don't make this worse than it is.

(F - 32)/1.8 = C
or
(C * 1.8) + 32 = F

Assume a function f(F) = C.  There is a reciprocal function that can be
worked out later.  We know this is a straight line function so f will have
the form  (F + a) * b = C.  f(32) = 0 and plugging in the values (32 + a) =
0 / b or a = -32

f(212) = 100 again plugging in values (212 - 32) * b = 100 or b = 100/180
and so

f(F) = (F - 32)/1.8 = C and the reciprocal (1.8 * C) + 32 = F

102F is about 39C and 85C is 185F

I appreciate the history.

Regards,

Pete Komen