Re: tube for tiny VTTC

Original poster: "vladimiro mazzilli by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mazvla-at-iol.it>

Tesla list ha scritto:

> Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>
> >
> > Jan Wagner wrote:
> >
> > > http://homepage1.nifty-dot-com/kurisu/TS-510.html  (the comment on s2001
there)

> > Jan,
> >
> > This is the 2nd source, stating, that the S 2001 is "comparable" to
> > the 6146B, but the tubes definitely don't work in the same circuit.
> > I'll try to find a schematic for the TS-510.
> >
> > Thank you for your help,
> >
> > Herwig
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Greed is the root of all evil!
>
> I'd think the old TV sweep deflection tubes would work for this
> application.  They were designed for pretty high voltage.  I once built
> a ham linear that ran at 1kV using 6KD6's, I believe.  Now some of these
> demand a big premium in price e.g. 6JB6 because they are used in old
> Drake gear, but others should be available on the cheap.  Rob.

You can see anything of this looking at
http://www.pupman-dot-com/current/vladi2   in which there's
a tiny VTTC built with a EL519 (6KG6) colour tv deflection tube.
Vladi