Re: CURSE Primary/ Grounded-centre or grounded edge?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/11/02 5:06:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

- snip -

> I tried to make copper "ribbon" from 3/8" Cu. soft pipe. I made a roller
> press ( from scratch , I have access to a wonderful machine shop at
> work)  the problem I incurred was that the rollers were not completely
> paralell. Thus the copper tube mashed completely flat ( which was good)
> but since there was a slight bit of "unparallelism" ( .003" difference
> between ends of the rollers) the flattened tube had a tendency to "curl"
> into a spiral. I even tried to rerun the flattened tube back thru the
> roller press in the opposite direction to "reverse" the spiraling
> effect, but all that did was shorten my patience.  Sooo  I ended up
> using the flattened tubing in my RF ground system ..........
>
> Some portions of the mashed tubing were straight but it became work
> hardened and "springy" thus making it difficult to shape easily for a
> primary coil application.
>
> Sooo...  I guess a search and rescue is in line for some annealed Cu.
> ribbon...
>

> Scot D

I needed about 40 feet of sheet copper and found a local roofing company that
does copper roofs would cut it to width and length for me.  They needed a few
days notice and it was a little pricey, but not too bad.

Ed Sonderman